The AG News summer intern will be an unpaid position. The applicant will be a university student involved in studying journalism and may receive hours of college credit for time worked at the National Leadership and Resource Center.
The intern will work approximately 120 hours sometime between May and August. A specific weekly schedule will be determined by the needs of the department and the availability of the intern.
The intern will work closely with AG News editor John W. Kennedy. Duties will include:
- Attending Monday staff meetings at 3 p.m.
- Assisting the news editor in tracking down potential story leads.
- Interviewing sources for news articles.
- Writing articles for the daily content of AG News.
- Suggesting article ideas.
- Obtaining photos to accompany articles.
- Editing and proofreading articles.
- Helping to compile a weekly pamphlet of top stories to be distributed to churches.
- As time permits, searching websites of AG districts, educational institutions, and ministries to identify potential story ideas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please email Dr.Longinow at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.